Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ephesians 2:10, God's Masterpiece

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT

To think of myself as something that was uniquely formed and carefully planned overwhelms me. How could God breathe life into someone like me? To think that I was created in God's image is a huge concept for me. My mind can't wrap itself around the idea that God intricately wove every aspect of my being for the glory of His kingdom.    I am God's masterpiece....wow!
With all my flaws and mistakes, God loves me! The more I meditate and give into this, the more I realize that my life and everything involved within it all should be for the glory of God. When I sing, play the piano, teach, take care of my cats, drive, all these things should be a representation of God in my life. I should want to honor God with my time and talents because He chose to create me with this unique combination of personality, looks, likes and dislikes.
As much as I admire the beauty I see each day, I am slowly learning to see the beauty within myself. I am learning to appreciate myself through God's eyes. I am not as ugly as I once thought I was. Beneath the layers of the messiness, I can see the possibilities for love, kindness, gentleness, peace, and mercy. To recognize this and show my gratitude to my maker is a lifelong endeavor. I want to honor God with my life and I want to be bold and courageous when adversity is near. I am a new creation and I thank God for His constant renewing of my mind.God's Masterpiece

No comments:

Post a Comment