Thursday, May 22, 2014

Raccoons in my attic

It began like most evenings; quiet, contemplative, on the verge of sitting down and taking in my day's events. I was startled and annoyed by some loud clicking sounds coming from the outdoors. I looked out through the front door and saw a truck idling on the street. The clicking sounds continued and the truck drove away. Then lo and behold an adult raccoon and her babies walked by. I kept saying, " oh my gosh" over and over again. They went into my neighbor's yard and I proceeded to call out "Marilou!" She quickly came outside and I caught her up on what was transpiring. We both stood there and watched as the mama raccoon quickly climbed the wooden fence and picked up each baby by the scruff of its neck. It was amazing to watch yet unreal. I live a mile away from Downtown San Diego and yet here was this wild animal with her young ones. So, where have they moved to? In the attic above my bedroom! Oh Lord, this is not good!

No comments:

Post a Comment