Thursday, June 5, 2014

A good day of teaching!

I was feeling a bit blue earlier this week when I looked at my schedule and realized that I don't have as many students as I would like this time of year. I can't rely on myself, I have to trust in the Lord and offer my prayer requests up to Him and ask that He provide me with enough students to get through the summer months. This hasn't been easy since it requires me to let go and let God be in control. I am truly leaning on the everlasting arms right now and when I start to doubt, I stop and pray, "Lord help me." Today, as I was teaching, I noticed that each and every student had a special challenge that they presented during the lesson. I look at each person as a puzzle with a unique amount of pieces that fit in just a certain way. I was surprised at how easy it felt to just diagnose their problem, listen to them speak about their concerns, and then send them on their way with new insight. Shouldn't this be the way it is every week? Then I got to thinking that perhaps the change was in me today. I was looking at each person with a fresh perspective. I wasn't tired, or annoyed, or impatient. I really was focused and I enjoyed the process of unraveling the mystery behind each problem as it presented itself. I have had days like this before where it seemed that everything was working smoothly and that nothing seemed mechanical or planned out. These type of teaching days offer me encouragement for those rare moments when it seems that everyone is cancelling at the last minute, or they just seem to not understand anything I have to say. Thank-you Lord for showing yourself to me today and giving me hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment